Sunday 3 September 2023

Enjoying Some Down Time - On The Couch!!!



 Hi Guys,


Been a little while since I posted anything - mostly because I put my back out about three weeks ago and haven't been able to do much in the way of sitting, standing or walking since then. It's no fun having a back that goes out more often that you do!

However the good news is that I have been writing - lying on a couch and tapping away on my laptop which my back seems to be okay with. And I expect my next book should be out shortly. It's another detective - Hobson's Choice - which I'm just finishing off now. 

 Mostly what I'm doing is tweaking the dialogue of one of the characters who is Tahitian and likes to mangle not just the English language but French as well. You'd think this would be easy for me as after two years of failing to learn French at college, my French teacher was glad to see the back of me. But it seems that in order to mangle French properly you should probably know how to speak it first! (I think it may be a little bit late for that in my case!)

I've also picked up a couple of words of Tahitian as well writing this, but I keep wondering when I read the correct pronunciations of the words, whether I should try writing them phonetically. Because the way they're written doesn't match at all with they way they're said!

Other than that the book is basically finished, and two others, Druid and Freaksville, are in the editing process, so hopefully won't be that far away - if I can ever stop starting new books!

Anyway that's my life at the moment. Hope things are doing better with you guys.

Cheers, Greg.





No comments:

Post a Comment