Sunday 8 January 2012

A New Year Has Begun - Let's Hope It's A Good One.

Hi,

First, happy new year to you all. And let's hope that despite all the horror stories, 2012 is not the end of the world!

For me it's started off well. I got a great review for All The Stars, for which I am as always grateful, and despite my natural inclination to gluttony, did not over indulge (too much) over the holiday period. Moreover Pawn has gone through its first draft, and is now seventy two thousand words long, despite the fact that I was supposed to be pruning it. Another couple of weeks and it should be on the virtual bookshelves.

I have to admit that I'm still staggered by the speed with which the book has flown off my fingertips and on to the keyboard. I've never written so much, so quickly. But I did some googling, and despite  my belief that it's been a sprint, it's still quite slow compared to some. I did find one man who wrote a ninety six thousand word novel in two weeks, he had to to achieve his publishing deadline, and Michael Moorcock was said to be writing a book every ten days at one point in his writing. Apparently I'm really just a slowpoke.

Anyway, I must return to my writing, but I'll leave you all with this New Years thought.

"May you live as long as you want to,
                                    - and want to as long as you live."

Cheers, Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment