Wednesday 7 December 2011

My First Ever Blog (from Goodreads)

June 8, 2011

Hi,

Greg here, and welcome to my first ever blog.

As you may know if you've read my author profile on Amazon kindle, I'm a keen science fiction and fantasy reader, have been almost since birth, and more latterly have become a writer. (More latterly means roughly the last fifteen years, although I only published my first book last year.)

This year has been a good one for me, writing wise. I decided to start finishing off some of the novels that have been sitting on my computer in various stages of completeion for up to a decade or more, and so published Maveric, an epic fantasy in April. Then in May I scrapped another novel which wasn't going anywhere (that hurt) and turned the prologue which was the best part of it and a complete story in itself, into a short story, The End. Its an apocolyptic fiction work. A few days ago I finished off Dragon, a sci fi space opera which was also published on the kindle.

Currently I'm working on finishing off Of Dark Elves and Dragons (a calculus primer!) and hope to have it out on the kindle within a couple more months. After that I don't know. There are more books I could finish off, but I'm also committed to starting the process of converting some of those kindle books into paperbacks through Amazon's Createspace.

In the mean time I'm really pleased that some of my books are selling, though I would really love to get some feedback about them. My aim is to become a professional author in time, and I figure the only way to do that is to listen to what my readers tell me.

Cheers for now, and to those who have read my books, I hope you enjoy them.

Greg.

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-ebook/dp/B004XW6GHM/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_3

No comments:

Post a Comment